Natal And Move Purchases Expected To Be “low”
According to research firm, OTX, only 15% of the Playstation and Xbox 360 Market are aware of the upcoming Motion Controllers.
OTX polled 2000 ‘gamers’ between May 23 and June 5. The company discovered that just about 8% of the Xbox 360 community intend to purchase Natal, with only 6% of Playstation users intend to purchase the Move.
The low interest and knowledge is probably due to the lack of solid information available.Although they were announced a year ago we still don’t know their official prices, release dates or launch titles.
Hopefully this will all be cleared up at E3. Which would probably see the interest rise. If it’s worth it that is.
The study found out that the average age of the consumer planning to purchase Natal is 25which compares to the 28 for the Move. 30% of those intending to buy the Move are female, compared to 20% for Nata.
Those interested in purchasing the Controllers are interested in the following games.
- 1. Gears of War 3 – X360 (47%)
- 2. Fable III – X360 (42%)
- 3. Call of Duty: Black Ops – X360 (38%)
- 4. Halo: Reach – X360 (34%)
- 5. Dead Space 2 – X360 (26%)
- 1. LittleBigPlanet 2 – PS3 (42%)
- 2. Gran Turismo 5 – PS3 (32%)
- 3. SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs – PS3 (30%)
- 4. The Legend of Zelda 2 – Wii (26%)
- 5. Super Mario Galaxy 2 – Wii (21%)
“While we are still months away from launch, the current data suggests that Natal gamers are definitely Xbox 360 purists, while Move gamers have a stronger interest in other platforms,” OTX said.