Weekly Round Up | 3 Jun – 9 Jun
It’s been one hell of a week but E3 2012 is finally over and we can take a look back on the highlights. Exams are finally over, for most of us at any rate, so a celebration of sorts is certainly in order. The shear volume of news pouring out of E3 had us publishing news at literally all hours of the day on more than one occasion but we did it for love and you guys but mostly love.
To throw some stats at you, we typically publish 70 articles per week (including features, reviews etc) but this week we clocked in at around 130 articles published!
We also had a record number of columns this week, five in total. That’s pretty awesome from our perspective. Given that it was E3 we also have tons more interesting news than usual so let’s just dub this week’s Round Up a bumper edition. We’ve also included links to a round up of each major keynote from E3 so you can catch up on anything you might’ve missed in the frenzy.
- Indie Experience Points: Creative Freedom In Indie Dev
- May Is Just An E3 Build-Up
- Quest Updated: Mirrors And Portals
- Gaming Like A Sir: Where Are My Winter Games?
- Musings Of A Mad Hatter: Difficult Enjoyment
- Is Judgement Really Necessary So Soon After Gears Of War 3?
- 2upGamers – 6th Gen: Was It What It Was Meant To Be?
- Which Game From E3 Should Never See The Light Of Day?
- Ubisoft Impressed Us With Watch Dogs, But Now They Need To Deliver
- This Week In Indie: Bundles, Skydive, Exodus And More
- Luminous Vs. Unreal 4: Which One Wins?
- CV Suggests That GTA V Will Launch In October
- E3 2012: The Amazing Spider-Man Trailer Leaked – It’s Looking Pretty Great
- E3 2012: Splinter Cell Blacklist Confirmed, Trailer Revealed
- E3 2012: First Halo 4 Gameplay Revealed, And It Looks Incredible
- E3 2012: New Tomb Raider Gameplay Does Not Disappoint
- E3 2012: DMC “The Order” Trailer Is Incredible
- E3 2012: Need For Speed Returns To Its Most Wanted Roots
- E3 2012: Assassin’s Creed 3 Cinematic And Gameplay Trailers Revealed
- E3 2012: Watch Dogs, Ubisoft’s New IP, Is Easily Game Of The Show
- E3 2012: Beyond: Two Souls Game Footage Is Incredible
- E3 2012: The Last Of Us First Gameplay Footage Finally Unveiled
- E3 2012: God Of War: Ascension Single Player Gameplay Footage Revealed
- Has The End Begun For THQ?
- E3 2012: Star Wars 1313 Looks… Good?
- E3 2012: Take Control Of A Fish In This Dishonored Gameplay Walkthrough
- E3 2012: Square Enix Kicks Off The Next-Gen Race With Luminous
- E3 2012: Injustice Is Like Mortal Kombat With A DC Costume
- Xbox 360 Still Has “More Than Two Years” Left On The Clock
- E3 2012: Hitman Developer Apologise For Offense Caused By Killer Nuns Trailer
- E3 2012: Step Back, Unreal Engine 4 Has Entered The Building
- Crytek Aims To Build Free-To-Play Games Only
Keynote Round Ups
- E3 2012: Microsoft Keynote Round-Up
- E3 2012: EA Keynote Round Up
- E3 2012: Ubisoft Keynote Round Up
- E3 2012: Sony Keynote Round Up
- E3 2012: Nintendo Keynote Round Up
Article Of The Week: Brace Yourself: Xbox Live Arcade Games To Look Forward To
Podcast: eGamer Podcast #8