Weekly Round Up | 12 Aug — 18 Aug
While I simultaneously dodge attacks on my life from AG and attempt to revise for tests and complete a column, allow me to take a few minutes to talk about the week that we’ve now put behind us.
A great week, it was. A week that saw Gamescom 2012 happening over in Germany, bringing us yet more trailers for the games coming to our shores in the next year or so. A week that also saw the beginning of the FA Premier League in England, much to the joy of everyone who actually likes tennis. It’s also Eid today, so Eid Mubarak to our Muslim readers. We hope you’re all having a blast.
On the gaming front, Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders II released to the world, although we’re still awaiting local releases for at least one of those. Then there was some talk about Borderlands 2′s apparent ‘girlfriend mode’ as well as some hopeful hype over Half-Life 3 possibly bringing our dreams to reality at Gamescom. Loads of hot topics to cover a pretty decent week, where we trolled and debated in equal measure. Here are the highlights:
- A Gamer’s Perspective — The Death Of Game Stores
- Musings Of A Mad Hatter: Gamer Poem
- ImRage: Finding A Game When You’ve Got Nothing To Play
- Gaming Like A Sir: We Are Gamer, Hear Us Roar
- Indie Experience Points: The Future Of Indie Games
- Match The Song To A Game — Enter The Shikari
- Does Prototype Promote STDs?
- Which Game Made You Feel Stupid?
- This Week In Indie: Project Giana, Unmechanical Competition And More
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Gets A Launch Trailer And A Zombie Mod
- Valve Is Working On A Dota 2 Documentary Follows Several Players
- Borderlands 2 Is Better On PC With New PhysX Trailer
- Nvidia’s Kepler Technology Just Got A Lot Cheaper
- Bach: Bad Company And Mirror’s Edge IPs Are “Too Good To Kill”
- Sony Hacked Again? Well That’s “Completely False”
- Command & Conquer Generals 2 Will Cost Less Than You Think
- Dishonored PC Requirements Out
- Half-Life 3, Dragon Age 3 Rumoured For Gamescom — Has The Time Finally Arrived?
- Jade Raymond Believes We All Expect Perfection From Ubisoft
- Borderlands 2′s Mechromancer Is For People Who Suck At Games, Like Your “Girlfriend”
- Modern Day + Shooter = Battlefield 4
- Codemasters: GRID 2 Has No Cockpit View Because “Only 5% Of Gamers Use It”
- A Development Kit For The Next Xbox Just Sold On eBay
Article Of The Week: Valve Issues First Ban On A Player-Created Dota 2 Item
Podcast: eGamer Podcast #13
See you all next week. Cavie, out.