Weekly Round Up | 5 Aug – 11 Aug
Well here we are again. It’s always such a pleasure. Remember when you tried to browse the site? Kudos to you if you instantly picked up on the Portal 2 reference there.
It’s been quite the first-full-week of August, starting off with some column controversy over whether or not that actually is my gaming backlog and moving onto podcast controversy, late review controversy, convention controversy, Call of Duty controversy and quite naturally, some satirical controversy of our own when we showed you a complete troll-fest of a game for the discerning female, on Women’s Day. Then we took the controversy to our Facebook page for some shiggles.
In all, an eventful week and one that was chock-full of as much serious conversation as trollolols. Here’s the highlights, in round-up format:
- Life, The Universe, And Gaming — Play All The Things
- Wolf’s Wicked Words: A Slendering Train Of Thought
- Fringe Division — Some Thoughts On The Imminent Dota 2
- The Fifth Column: Open Source Video Gaming: OOO-Yah!
- Quest Updated: Wingardium Teamwork Over
- Match The Song To A Game: Headbanging Goodness
- A Game To Celebrate Women’s Day
- Which Game Would Keep You Forever?
- This Week in Indie: Awesomenauts Winners, IGF 2013 And Vitrium
- Kinect Can Have Interesting Side-Effects On Your Relationship
- Crysis 3 Will Melt Your PC With Top Secret Toad Technology
- Dihonored Shows Us Its Creative Side
- Borderlands 2 Will Feature New Enemies And Mechanics In Your Second Playthrough
- Teen Goes On A Modern Warfare 3 Marathon For 4 Days And Gets Hospitalized
- Call Of Duty Black Ops II Multiplayer Perks And Killstreaks Leaked
- Valve Expands Steam Catalogue To Non-Gaming Software
- 2UpGamers 8th Lap — The Checkered Flag
- Check Out The Xbox LIVE Release Schedule For August
- Gaymercon Kickstarter Reaches Goal
- The Next Xbox Is On Its Way, Runs Windows 8 — Microsoft GM Confirms
- Three Minutes Of Black Mesa Source Gameplay
- Gamestop: Pre-Owned Business Is Good For The Industry
- Valve Could Be Gearing Up For The Next Gen With Source 2